Monday, December 16, 2013

Next Project: Maxi Dress

I bought a maxi dress in Bandung that very suitable for me, its black maxi dress for inner and bolero blazer for the outer.  And the cut makes me looks slim, lol..

Knit and Jersey Fabric
Near from my home, there is a store that sell the jersey fabric which is very cheap because the store sell the fabric in kilos.  On my next project I will make my own maxi dress that suit for me.  It will save my money a lot if I make my own dress.  Can't wait for that. I'll post the result later.

The hardest part when sewing jersey fabric is, the needle was I used is broken the fabric sew because the structure of the jersey and needle I used is not suitable.  The other difficulties is the knit or jersey fabric will curl up if you are not using serger machine, and I don't have serger machine.  When cutting the fabric you will have to be careful, because it will curl and you didn't have the good measurement.

Anyway, I was looking on the Pinterest how to solve the problem when sewing knit or jersey fabric.  It says that I have to use ball point needle so it wont broken your fabric, use close distance stitching, and you can use twin needle if you can for make semi serger seam.

I hope I didn't ruin the dress I'll make, hehhee..
Happy Crafting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment